Full and Hungry


Dusk. Sitting under a dome of deep blue, seeing the last glow of light in the sky, looking into it, through it, past it. Feeling my soul aware of a Power and Presence beyond the evening, beyond the beauties I saw. Glad to feel my heart touched, moved, ministered to, fed and watered. Old lyrics coming to mind... "Pardon for sin, and a peace that endureth. Thine Own dear Presence to cheer and to guide. Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow. Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside. Great is Thy Faithfulness...". Sweet. Precious to taste the food for my spirit, to drink the cool and refreshing water of life. Wondrous to feel the Spirit allowing me to know hunger and thirst for Him. Blessed to know that I am "kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation" though "for a season" I find myself "in heaviness through manifold temptations" and trials and sorrows. Peter 1: 5-6.

Many times of late, these trials and temptations pull me down to earth, distract me, worry me, draw me away. So many things I won't describe here. But at dusk, in the morning, driving in the glow of sunset, sitting at work, there He Is. I am humbled and thankful to feel my heart being warmed, moved, comforted, and empowered. I rejoice in reading "they that stumbled are girded with strength" and "He will keep the feet of his saints, for by strength shall no man prevail" (1 Samuel 2: 4, 9). I am relieved in knowing by our own strength, we... I, cannot overcome, but He can overcome! I am glad to feel so full, so stirred and full of His Spirit... and yet so in need, so hungry for more of Him, more strength, more wisdom, more submission to His Will, more love. Every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4: 12-13.